January 2009 Adoptions!

Gene, Robin, Vivian, Brandon, and the newest member Savannah.

Adoption is a passion for this family. Therefore, you will not be surprised to find out that they finalized another adoption January 5, 2009. Please allow us to introduce you to Savannah Lynn (15 years old) the newest member of the Family!

"We could not be more proud of her or more blessed to have her in our lives. This addition however was a little different. Different in that through this adoption God really did some amazing work in me.

  • First, allowed me to see that the children I seek to serve are not out there somewhere but in my [OUR] back yard.
  • That the children I seek to serve are not troubled in the since that they want to make life miserable but troubled in that they feel alone and are fighting to survive in a world that seems so cold toward them.
  • The children I seek to serve are just kids. God has allowed me to relive my childhood as I try to relate to the stages and phases this amazing child is experiencing.
  • God has forced me through adoption to count on him for everything, everyday.
Jesus came to this world to love the broken, the forgotten, and the weak. Who is more broken, forgotten and weak than a child without a place to call home? Without someone to tell them that they matter. I am answering the call from my heavenly father to care for the orphans. It is not easy but I do it for them because he did it for me." - Robin - Adoption Discovery Program Director




Joined by God in 1994, built by God in '04 and '09!

Michael, Sharndra, Bayleigh, and the newest member Kyle.

1 Samuel 1:27: For this child I prayed and God has given me the request I made of Him.

"We were so touched when other Adoption Discovery group members called and emailed to congratulate us on our finalization! Our adoption journey has been just as rewarding as the destination itself!" -Michael - Adoption Discovery Leader

Update - June 2010

Life is such a progressive revelation of how great our God is! Our world was rocked when He chose for us to be our daughter’s ‘forever family’, and recently our world was rocked again when she invited Jesus to be her Savior, forever making her part of His family! This has been an amazing year for our family. Our son is following closely behind her too. He is in the middle of baseball season and recently won the ‘game ball’ for hitting a double and a triple in the same game! We know God has great plans for the children He’s placed into our home! What a privilege has been extended to us to be a part of His plan for our kids!
- Michael & Shandra

0 comments: